Tracks used on ATVs TTM-3, 3902, 4902
The manufacturer of tracked terrain vehicle TTM (CJSC «Transport») provides all-terrain vehicle lineups TTM-3, TTM-3902 and TTM-4902 with two different types of tracks (with elastic wideners). These types differ from each other by the design of metal compounds and the type of treadmill.
About elastic wideners:
In order to reduce the mean soil pressure there is an elastic widener(#1) on the wing of the metal truck (# 3). It has a screw connection. The elastik widener is a rubber molded piece with several layers of armoured parts inside (# 2):
When you are driving on snow or swamp, elastic wideners are folded according to the reaction of support surface. The folding angle is about 12º -15º. When you are driving over a hard surface (ledge, tree stump, rock, etc.), they are fold at an angle of 90º, restoring its position after obstacle.
The design is patented (patent number 46729)
Types of tracks:
1. With open joint.(OJ)
Connection of metal truck (# 1) is made with metal pegs (#2). These metal pegs are made with a special unique treatment. Circlips (# 3) hold the pegs from falling out of the truck.
- easy construction.
It helps to reduce time for assembling and disassembling trucks, removing tracks from the machine.
Disadvantages(compared with RMJ):
- higher rates of peg’s deterioration (# 2)
- regular monitoring of belt tension;
- treadmill does not have a rubber layer(increasing the tendency of forming ice between the treadmill and the tire track roller)
The maximum capacity of tracks with OJ – up to 8 000 km.
Average capacity – 5 000-7 000 km.
2. With rubber-metal joint and rubberized running track.(RMJ)
Connection of metal truck is made with rubberized metal peg (# 2). The pegs are pressed into track by special tools. Treadmill on the track is rubberized.
- Rubber layer bertween pegs and tracks(the resource of track is increased);
- Rubber layer on a track treadmill (the resource of track is increased)
Disadvantages(compared with OJ):
- complicated construction
It requires more time for assembling and disassembling trucks, removing tracks from the machine.
- higher price(due to complicated production)
The maximum capacity of tracks with RMJ – up to 18 000 km.
Average capacity – 11 000-13 000 km.
- Lightweight amphibious All-Terrain tracked vehicle TTM-3 «Taiga» (3 tons,14 people,185 h.p)
- Lightweight amphibious All-Terrain tracked vehicle TTM-3902 «Taiga» (2 tons,14 people,136 h.p)
- Two-tire All-terrain tracked vehicle TTM-4902 «Ruslan» (4 t,22 people,300 h.p)
- Heavyweight amphibious All-Terrain tracked vehicle ТТМ-6901 «Antei» (10 t, 300 h.p)
- Snowmobile with a heated car’s cabin ТТМ-1901 NEW
- Snowmobile with a heated car’s cabin ТТМ-1901 «Berkut»
- Tracked harvester FTM «Lesnik»
- Tracked trailer GP-8301 (2,5 t.)